HOR was established in 2006, with the missionto rehabilitate and reintegrate drug dependent individuals into the society by equipping them with life skills required to assume personal responsibility for their future.
- Our programs which are tailored to deliver client – specific solutions in an intensively therapeutic and highly supportive environment include:
- In order to achieve this, we utilize a ‘multidisciplinary’ team work to encourage behavior change and build internal skills in our clients.
- House of Refuge, (HOR) has a residential facility, located in a serene, distraction-free environment to enable our clients focus on our program and, also to ensure that their privacy is respected and maintained.
- At HOR, our clients can participate in counseling, psychotherapy, anger management, spiritual discipleship, and life skills training. Our methodology is Christ-centered where clients can participate in counseling, psychotherapy, anger management, spiritual discipleship, and life skills training. However, we admit clients of all beliefs and faiths.
- Our goal is to ensure that we are able to respond to a wide range of needs from medical, psychosocial, physical, mental, spiritual and behavioral.
- In both categories, clients receive equivalent treatments similar to those that are in the residential program, but less intensive. The effectiveness of this program relies more on individual client’s initiative and motivation.
- Addiction is a chronic illness, requiring medical and behavioral treatment, much like asthma, hypertension and diabetes. As with these illnesses, prevention is much better than treatment for the individual and the family. Thus, we also engage in outreaches/outreach programs to poor communities, schools and businesses, come up with enlightenment/awareness talks about the effects of addiction and its impacts on the person, family and society, how to manage peer pressure and, to provide support systems for individuals struggling with addiction.
- House of Refuge provides detox and rehabilitation services to individuals age 17 – 45 years old, struggling with addiction to alcohol and controlled substances such as: prescription medicine, marijuana, heroin, cocaine, crack, codeine, etc.
- However, we are seeking an additional facility to support a residential rehabilitation program for women who are substance/drug-dependent.
- Potential clients/Clients are required to pay a subsidized fee that goes towards medical and professional services provided.
You may be saving a life today.
Please Note: Our residential rehabilitation program is NOT free of charge. We do ask clients to pay a subsidized fee that goes towards medical and professional services provided. Kindly contact us for more information about fees, sponsorship and payment plans.